engl USPs im virtuellen Thinktank gemeinsam entwickeln
qualifying, motivating and engaging employees
Development Programme for Employees
Chemical distribution; approx. 1,600 employees at various locations in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
Employees from all the corporate areas who were identified by their managers as talented employees
- What can the company do to develop and retain dedicated young employees without the promise of a management career?
- How can the development programme contribute to a targeted individual development of competencies and networking across sites and hierarchies?
Qualification programme including the following steps
- Discussion between each participant and their manager to develop targets that will be pursued during the programme course.
- Kick-off and closing event with participants, their managers, management board and HR
- Three learning modules on interdisciplinary key issues, project management and internal specialised topics
- “Fireplace evenings” with senior management on the relevant company issues
- Active handling of projects during the programme (presentation of the results to the management board)
Factors for success
- Continuous commitment of HR
- Active involvement of the management board
- Permeability of the programme modules regarding the content
Duration of the project
Duration of the programme: 12 Months
Particular aspects during the course of the project
Even after seven cycles, this programme still has a high level of attractiveness and an excellent reputation in the company.
- On the individual level: Enhancement of social, communicative and methodological skills, active network contacts, involvement in the organisation through the relevant project topics
- At the company level: continuous dialogue between the employees and managers, strengthening of the cross-sector cooperation; professionalisation of the project management; a lateral career as an interesting development option for employees; increase of the employer attractiveness – retaining important specialists.
International German Training Award (Internationaler Deutscher Trainingspreis) in 2013