Off the classical paths
innovative leadership development
Development programme “Talent Campus”
Division of an international technology group
Approx. 11,000 employees
High-potentials with a perspective of a senior management position
(approx. 10 persons)
- How can we improve the retention of high-potential employees?
- How can we close the foreseeable demographically caused gaps?
- How can we appropriately encourage and develop these high potentials?
- Development of a competency model
- Criteria for the nomination process
- Selection procedure: Assessment Centre decision conference, including training of internal observers;
- Individual development plans for all the participants of the AC (including candidates who were not selected)
- Core idea of the programme: no classical development programme, but working in the group on a fictitious new company
- Participants work highly independently, get content-related input in eight individual “camps”, e.g. to generate ideas, regarding ethical principles, financing questions
- Mentoring of the participants and the group
Factors for success
- Close coordination with the client, including MB
- Involvement of external subject specialists (for diagnostics, business plans, sustainability, creativity, innovation, ethics, etc.).
- High degree of flexibility, to follow the course of the company foundation
- Close coordination and agreement with the specialists
Duration of the project
Particular aspects during the course of the project
- Highly targeted selection of candidates
- Highly motivated participants (“this is pure appreciation”)
- Higher retention of the participants to the company
- Qualified preparation for the entrepreneurial (co-) responsibility
- Horizons of expectations regarding control, leadership and responsibility within the company are clarified.